Saturday, March 21, 2009

Family Night Friday March 20th, 2009




Gary organised smores; a couple of Morning Coffee biscuits with 2 toasted marshmallows and a piece of "Furry Friends" chocolate sandwiched or squished in between until the chocolate melts - YUM. The kids really enjoyed finding sticks, turning them into "glowsticks", and making patterns in the air like we do with sparklers. I tried to take a photo of myself to prove I was there, too, but they didn't turn out at all (ahem) complimentary... It was lovely, especially because there was a nip in the air and it began to rain ever so gently - we were set up in the carport away from the rain.

It was a relaxing way to end a week, which, for me, has been full-on:
* taking Chloe to the dentist on Monday;
* spending most of the day on Tuesday doing the groceries (yes, it takes a long time but at least I can still do it - good muscle tone developing in the arms:) then a growing time at "Nurture", the ladies' group that happens every fortnight at Belinda's with Mychel as leader and Saminda there for the first time this year;
* Wednesday was 6 hours in the kids' room and 2 hours doing the play verandah and vacuuming;
* Thursday was a lovely morning with the Fern boys and Declan, giving Saminda time to breathe;
* then Friday (finally feeling awake after 12:30pm!), cleaning the toilet, washing up, doing 3 loads of laundry, bringing up one dry load, sorting and folding and putting away, supervising Declan's bodypaint, reading Max Lucado's "If Only I Had A Green Nose", after Declan declared he wanted a green nose!, feeding us both, supervising what he calls "pin play" when he takes my sewing pins and sticks them into somewhere soft - his preference was the couch but we agreed on the small red cushion, making dinner, walking to town to do some banking, pick up some school books for Chloe and a mended cushion for Gary's classroom - I might put in here that I had a protesting little boy who didn't want to walk and didn't give up his protest until we reached our first stop in Bazaar Street - 7 blocks from home:( - at least the walk home was happier:) and dozing upright while Declan watched some Charlie and Lola on DVD from Saminda (thank-you for knowing I needed this!!) and resting on the bed during Playschool - I wish that went longer!!!

Today being Saturday, I've been awake since 5- ish, breakfasted and ... am blogging -Yay!! Rock and Roll is playing through the DVD player while the kids play - Declan with pin play again, Chloe with Amy, one of her large dolls from Nanna. Gary, I think, is reading. We have a birthday party to go to from 11am-1pm and we have to remember to vote. Dinner is leftovers and I'm dearly hoping for a sleep this afternoon and maybe a well-worn girly classic this evening. Happy Saturday to all!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hello Cathy, hope all is going well for you. It sounds like you have had a busy week and you need to take the weekend off for some R&R while Gary is home. I too have had a protesting boy who didn't want to walk, I wonder if he has been chatting to Declan or maybe it's a boy thing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails