Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ally's rehab update: Wednesday 20th May

Ally is doing well in the rehab unit (aside from pain and missing her vegan meals!)

She is one of 40 patients and is the only one who can walk!

She seems to be having more intense physio (twice a day from what I can gather) and is learning to juggle her medication. The hardest ones to take are those she has to wake during the night for (as well as still changing the catheter every 4 hours).

We hope to see her this weekend but Brisbane and South East Queensland have had some really bad flooding so we'll have to see if we can get through - the forecast for Brisbane currently suggests there'll be rain all over the weekend... we'll see what the next few days bring! Mum's (not so) secretly hoping we'll be stranded there and delay going home for a bit;)!

Ally has a weekend pass to go home but then has to return until Tuesday.

I'm sorry my updates have been a bit sporadic - for some reason, our computer decides, at its own will, whether or not to even register that there is a keyboard attached - I can't believe how dependent on this computer I've become - me of all people, as un-computer-savvy as I am. At least I can still use the mouse to read emails and blogs - I just can't reply or leave comments until the keyboard is "acknowledged". Does anyone have an idea as to what's going on and how I can fix this irritation?

Till next time!

1 comment:

The Pifer's said...

Praying for your family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails