Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Please pray.



My little sister,Ally, has smashed her lowest vertebrae (L1) and is currently in theatre "to stabilise it".


The facts:


She is 29 years old.

She doesn't know how it happened.

She doesn't know when it happened.

She woke around 1am this morning (Wednesday), in incredible pain under her high story house on a pile of dirt unable to move.

She called out and a neighbour found her and called the ambulance.

She went to RBH Emergency Dept and has been there all day in a great deal of pain, even with strong painkillers.
There doesn't appear to be any sign of violence.

My mother has been there with her since Ally finally called her at 5am this morning.

My father is also currently at the hospital, waiting for her to come out of theatre (she went in at 5pm and it's now 9pm). He will call as soon as she's out to update me.

My brother, Cameron, will be flying to Brisbane tomorrow morning to stay until Sunday evening.

I'm waiting to hear before I make any decisions about heading to Brisbane (the how and when are a little complicated, to say the least, but if I need to, I know all will be okay.)



This feels like an awful dream; like I'm writing about someone else; not my bubbly, dynamic sister who brightens everybody's world just by being in it.


I want to post some more photos of grown-up Ally with her smile 'cause I know a lot of people have met her on occasions and want you to be able to put name to a face:).


More soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails