Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter celebrations

Happy Hamper from Nanna - lots of yummies to share - thanks Mum!
Note the butterfly label - I really think this is a great idea for Easter with the cocoon becoming empty like the tomb and new life being given, like our new life with Jesus - a miracle...

Here's Declan's favourite "King George and the Ducky".

Gary enjoys Candy Eggs so I buy one for him as soon as they arrive on the shop shelves (just after Valentine's Day). The shops don't tend to order in too many any more because they tend to break so easily. Gary also hinted (heavily :)) this year that he'd like a Darrel Lea Rocky Road egg. I have heaps of chocolate moulds from when I was twelve and I used to make painted chocolates for family and friends, and I realised I'd really like to do some with the children now. However, I couldn't justify a lot MORE chocolate, so I decided to make just two - one for Gary and one for my Mum. I used the Green's eating chocolate instead of cooking compound chocolate and filled Gary's with a strip of Darrel Lea Rocky Road chopped into chunks and mini licorice allsorts for Mum's.


Look what Gary bought me!!!! More chocolate for less $$ - not hollow like eggs, but a celebration all the same - I'm wondering what Dairy Milk would be like in my newly acquired favourite chocolate self-saucing pudding recipe; hope the cool rainy weather keeps up 'cause I may be able to try it out:) It's from the Women's Weekly Winter Favourites which Saminda gave me last year for my birthday (actually 1 year plus 14 days ago ;)


It serves 6 or so and takes about an hour and a half (which includes an hour's cooking time)..


50g dark eating chocolate


60g butter chopped


2 tablespoons cocoa powder


1/3 cup (160ml) milk


1 cup (150g) self-raising flour


1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar


1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed brown sugar


1 egg, beaten lightly


icing sugar, for dusting


1. Preheat oven to moderate (180C/ 160C fan-forced). Grease a 1.5litre (6-cup capacity) ovenproof dish.


2. Combine chocolate, butter, sifted cocoa and milk in medium saucepan. Stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.


3. Sift flour into large bowl, stir n sugars. Add chocolate mixture and egg; mix well. Spread mixture into prepared dish.


FUDGE SAUCE:


1 1/2 cups (375ml) water


50g butter, chopped


1/2 cup (100g) firmly packed brown sugar


1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder


Combine water, butter, sugar and sifted cocoa in small saucepan; stir over low heat, without boiling, until combined.


Pour fudge sauce over the back of aspoon over urface of pudding. Bake in moderate oven 45 minutes or until firm.


Serve dusted with icing sugar.


********** Not suitable to freeze. Chocolate mixture and fudge sauce suitable to microwave.Posted by Picasa


ENJOY!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails